• sliderimage1
  • sliderimage2
  • sliderimage3
  • sliderimage4
  • sliderimage5
  • sliderimage6
  • sliderimage7

About Montreal

About Montreal 

Montréal is the largest French-speaking city in the world after Paris, and Canada’s second-biggest metropolis. The vast majority of its citizens speak both English and French, and often other languages. Montréal’s 4.1 million inhabitants live around Mount Royal, a forest covered mountain in the middle of the city, near to the conference hotel.

  • The island called “Montréal” is the traditional and unceded territory of the Kanien’keha:ka (Mohawk) people, known as Tiotia:ke in the language of the Kanien’kehá:ka, and it has historically been a meeting place for other Indigenous nations, including the Algonquin people.
  • Montréal turned 375 years old in 2017, and is noted for being a cosmopolitan city that retains its historical roots, combining North American modernity and friendliness with the architectural beauty of Europe.
  • Montréal is a unique city that is known for being safe and clean, vibrant and diverse, with new things to discover around every corner. Montréal has a multicultural population that shapes its culture through restaurants, fashion, art, technology, music, nightlife and festivals.

Links to Montreal Tourism

Official Tourist Links:

A few other links:

Canada Travel Info

Travelling to Canada

Immigration Documents

  • All conference guests entering Canada or flying through Canada must have a valid passport. Additional migration documents may be needed depending on a guest's citizenship status.
    • Canadian citizens need a valid Canadian passport.
    • Individuals with dual citizenship (i.e. Canada and another country) need a valid Canadian passport.
    • Canadian Permanent Residents need a valid passport and a valid Canadian Permanent Resident Card.
    • Refugees need a valid passport and a valid Canadian visa.
    • Citizens of certain countries have a visa exemption agreement with Canada. Click here to find out if your country qualifies. Visa-exempt foreign nationals need a valid passport and an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to enter or fly through Canada.
    • Citizens of counties without a visa exemption agreement with Canada need a valid passport and a valid Canadian visa.
      For further information about migration documents required for traveling, click here.