76th Annual ICP ConventionJune 23-25, 2018
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Delta Hotel Montreal
475 President Kennedy Avenue
Montreal, Quebec H3A 1J7 Canada
Theme: Human Rights, Dignity and Justice
In a world of growing economic inequality, global migration, refugee crises, and persistent human rights violations, the 2018 ICP theme addresses psychologists’ contributions to human well-being and resilience globally through our science, practice, and advocacy.
March 15, 2018 Final Proposal Deadline
Types of Submission
Note: Sessions with an international focus, particularly where speakers represent different countries, will receive priority.
Session in which several participants present on a common topic or issue. A Chair of the symposium provides the context, followed by presentations, a discussant who provides an integrated perspective, and audience interaction. 50 Minutes (preferred) or 110 Minutes in exceptional circumstances.
Session that permit significant presenter/audience interaction on a specific topic. Participants may present different aspects or perspectives about a theme or issue. 50 Minutes.
Round table Discussion
Session in which one moderator or several moderators discuss a topic with participants at a round table in a room with several simultaneous discussions. 50 Minutes
Educational program that focuses on teaching techniques and skills about a specific topic or field. 50 Minutes or 110 Minutes. (This is during the conference; to be distinguished from pre-conference workshops, which are 3 or 6 hours in length)
Presentation mounted on 3 x 4 foot poster board stand that provides new information on a given topic, such as the sharing of research findings. Sessions with authors present held at specific times (50 Minutes)
To encourage participation by students (only) at the ICP meeting when they are not able to attend. Accepted In-Absentia posters should be printed to be mounted on 3 x 4 foot poster board and sent to the Congress organizers. Posters should provide new information on a given topic, such as the sharing of research findings. In-absentia poster submissions by graduate students will be automatically reviewed for the Dayan-O'Roark In Absentia Poster Award
*Note: Symposia and Panel Discussions may be selected by the reviewers to be presented as simultaneous Roundtable Discussions. Submitters will be informed of this decision prior to the close of registration.
Directions for Submitting a Proposal
ALL PROPOSALS MUCH BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
For each proposal you will need:
- Type of Proposal: Symposium, Panel Discussion, Workshop, Poster
- Title of Presentation, 50-word abstract and Conference Subtheme(s) related to presentation
- Name, Title, Affiliation and Email of the Principle Author or Chairperson submitting the proposal
- Names, Titles, Affiliations and emails of all participants and co-authors, including Discussant when relevant
- Overview of the proposed presentation: 300-word summary
- If you would like this program to be considered for Continuing Education credit (CE), submit 3 learning objectives.
- Request length of session: 50 minutes or 1 hr and 50 minutes
For Programs with Multiple Presenters (Symposia, Panel Discussions, Workshops with more than one presenter):
- In addition to the 300-word overview, provide a 50-word summary of each participant’s presentation.
- Provide a statement that each participant has agreed to attend and participate in the session.
- Provide up to 4 learning objectives.
Indicate any accommodations for a physical disability that would facilitate your participation.